I'm back!!

Alright so the story goes like the:


I intended to share my Vegas, Utah, Vegas, Oklahoma, and Reno trip with you guys the whole way, but it turns out my friends laptop didn't have any type of Photoshop or Light room to process images. I'm not saying I needed to process any images, but I didn't want to let you guys down with "snap shots" of the trip. So I fought and fought my urge to even post one of the images. My energy level was down at the end of each day (or night in Vegas), and going through 100+ pictures just before bed wasn't going to happen straight up.

There was tons of fun to be had, I took my camera everywhere, but really didn't shoot as much as I had anticipated. Over the course of 2 weeks I only came back with about 657 pictures on the memory card. I broke that down and that would have been 47 pictures a day. However; I didn't use my Nikon D80 everyday like I should have, but when you go to Vegas with 6 other people that don't shoot photography it can become a real hassle for them to wait around while you try and get the shot. I didn't wanna feel rushed when I was out shooting, so I wouldn't stop at all, and told my self that I would go back for the shot if the opportunity presented it's self.

I primarily shot some skateboarding photographs with my buddy Zach Lewis from Vertical Smile, some landscapes of the Hoover Dam, a few shots of Pine Mountain and Snow Valley (which doesn't actually get any snow at all by the way) Utah, and a few more skateboarding shots in Oklahoma.

I bet your wondering "where are the pictures?".. Well I've only been back for a total of 3.5 days now, and have been busy with getting back into the flow of school. Also there is a Fashion Show coming up for the SRJC which I'm trying to recruit other Photographers to join me at the sides of the stage for "Cat Walk" photography. Give the fashion show a glint and glamour feel with flashes going off from all angles (which is going to be bad ass).

As a constellation however I took this picture of the Church that was in that old school movie The Birds just before I left. You'll notice that I added a fake "lens flare" to give it a little more punch, some sharpening for the ground, and a bit up saturation to help the grass pop a little bit.

I'll get the pictures from the trip up over the next 2 weeks. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

Thanks for stopping by!!

0 comments: