Bracketing Exposure

Sooo this weeks assignment was to show two different exposures of the same photo. Which will then be followed up with the "Bracketing" assignment. I went head and just did a slew of bracketing this weekend, and I also have some of the Golden Gate from the week before (planning ahead). I generally like to bracket images so that I have the flexibility in post processing to choose the slightly under or slightly over exposure if the cameras meter didn't give me anything that I liked. You could go out and buy a light meter if you wanted, but I find in more useful in controlled lighting situations. When your being spontaneous out in the wilderness or where, the lighting is a bit more dynamic so the light meter can become your worst enemy. Our photography teacher confirmed this when he touched on it in class on Wednesday.

(If I'm using to much photographer jar gin please let me know, and I'll start to include "Key Terms" that might help the reading go by. I mean for this to be fun, but I can get carried away in the tech side of things.)

So I went out to the Sonoma Creek Falls the other day via public transpo which worked out really well. It was a 6 mile hike round trip from the bus stop, but it was well worth the experience of walking in the wine country and then up into the Sugar Loaf State Park. Very peaceful indeed. Usually I listen to mp3's when I'm roaming the streets of a City, but I went hippy on this one and cut out the tunes until the return trip. Listening to the sounds of nature, the rushing water, and the silence really set the mood. The rushing water was great inspiration all the way to the Water Fall.
I'm sure you've already looked at the pictures to the left and realized what they are.. First over exposed, next the metered shot, and the third one is the under exposed image. Down here at the bottom are my favorite shots of the day. Enjoy!!


(Feel free to leave feed back here or send me an email! Also in class there was a lot of interest on "Ghosting" and "Paint with Light". Over the next week or so I'll post How too do both of those.)

Be sure to keep your food out of the reach of Yoggi and BooBoo!

1 comment: