The River 2011

The River this year was an amazing experience with tons of good people, food, and entertaining conversations. Of course that's to be expected now a days. This was my second year out with the Dudes, and I'll tell you it's a riot of fun. The first year I got skunked because Costco lost my rolls of film that I had developed, and wouldn't you know it this year I didn't get skunked par-say, but I got a grand total of two photos. That's right two. I took these the first night we were there and later that same night the shutter release cable was never released. Thus the battery was killed over the course of 5 or 6 hours while I slept. You can't win them all is what they say, however; packing the back up batteries to your camera is essential to success. Problem for me was my back up batteries didn't arrive on time to even charge let alone put them in the bag.

Lesson: Go out and buy some back up batteries for your camera as soon as your finished reading this article. If you take photography seriously you will not wait until 4 days before you leave (I waited until there was only 5 days) to purchase, charge, and then test those batteries to make sure they are in good working order. At that point you will be confident in said such batteries and can put them into your camera bag before journeys such as this.

Of course not all was lost on this exploration into the wilderness. I created a small video using the trusty iPhone and a movie editor apps called Splice. Once I receive a few more snap shots from fellow journey men I'll up load the video to tell the story.

Thanks again for checking out the tripod diaries.










0 comments: