Low Light

So over the weekend I had to shoot a few low light shots, and thought this would be a great time to get down to SF and visit with friends. I grew up in San Leandro which is a short thirty minute BART ride under the bay into down town so I have friends for life all over the Bay. Being able to explore such a divers environment was great! I learned a lot about myself and others really quickly. The City is also full of sights and sounds different from other metropolitan areas which gives San Francisco it's own identity. I hope to share more sights of The Bay Area with everyone over the next few months.


So I arrived at the Golden Gate toll plaza around 1pm on Saturday after noon, and had some time to kill before my friends arrived to pick me up. I've been to the Golden Gate a bunch, but I never seemed to have my camera with me. However this time around I was stoked to be running around like a tourist visiting for the first time. I got lucky and a beautiful day opened up between storms. There is a surf spot just under the bridge called Fort Point, and it proved to be a great day for surf.



Time seemed to fly by while I was waiting for my ride. The hour wait felt like a measly fifteen minutes









The original plan was to go to Cyclops Tattoo to do some low light photography while my friend Susan got a Tattoo. But things just weren't meant to be, so we drove to another good look out of Downtown SF near the Mission/Potrero area. The shot was a 2 minute exposure with the lens stopped all the way down to 22. Other then a small touch up in photoshop this is the way the photo came out of the camera. Honestly the composition could have been a little better, and there might have even been a better vantage point to get this shot, but we were pressed for time and had to keep it moving into the night life.





So the Ho-Yang (no relation to the Wu-Tang crew) crew had gotten tickets to see the Pharcyde at Yoshie's in the Filmore, which worked out great because it gave me the opportunity to catch up with a friend of my Dutch Rutter Doug. Honestly one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet, but don't let his sense of humor fool you.. "You don't have an ID well you can't come in" is a fraze you'll here him say a lot. Here we are getting a ghosting effect with a 10 second exposure.


So the night was ending for some and others just beginning, but when all was said and done I completed my assignment of low light photos for the Digital Class at 2am with a shot of the bar closed up ready for a little bit of clean up. It was fun seeing my friends who I hold close to me, and meeting new people that share some of my interests as well. Hopefully the pictures get the job done when I show them in class this week.




I'll post an update with the feed back I receive from my peers sometime later this week. However you can leave feed back right now. Let me know what you think of the photos below in the comments box. What you like, don't like, or any other creative criticism that would help me evaluate. Thanks!

0 comments: