Fresh Roasted Friday!!

Today was one of those days where I didn't get coffee until about 12:30 this afternoon.. And... Go... :P

While I was rounding out my day I had to do a watch photo for work (aandewatches.com). Straight forward into the light box outta the light box, into lightroom, into photoshop, back to lightroom. These photos aren't made really big or used for a billboard so over processing is almost better then under processing in my opinion. If you look at Jewelry and Watch photography today it is outta control. Doesn't even look real anymore. I guess that's just the trendy thing to do right now..  This is the Cartier - Tank Francaise

 On my way home from the day job I was inspired by the sun beaming through the clouds out by the Point Bonita Lighthouse. The Lighthouse is located in the Marin Headlands among bunker ruins from when the Army occupied the area during WWII. On the way there you realize how many bunkers are just scattered over these hills. Made me think; "How many land minds are out here?" Tho this image is of an old dock that has been destroyed or not kept up over the years, the bunkers are going to be the focus of the next outing to the area I now call my backyard.

 This photo didn't mean much to at all when it was taken. The broken down dock again, adding the little white house on the cliffs edge, and then it really hit home that this image can be soo metaphorical. Fragility, destruction, their balance, and how much (which isn't much) separates the two..  My favorite image of the day.
I always forget my tripod.. Or don't think that I'll use it.. I'm always that guy you see leaning crouch and hugging any foreign object to steady the camera for slower shutter speeds. This photo painting was a serious task. I think I shot about 30 or 40 bracketed images to get one that isn't even tac sharp.. I'll be buying another tripod to keep in the truck here pretty soon. Along with a wide angle lens.. some polarized and neutral density filters..  HAHA.. This one was with a 30mm prime lens. Does anyone know where to get a sponsor!?



All and all it was a productive day... I rounded it out with a few beers, a post processing session of my walk, and an event invite for a friend of mine. It's now almost midnight and I'm pretty much up for the next two hours watching the back of my eyelids until this coffee runs off..

What do you do with your time when the coffee buzz is getting you jacked for the task at hand?

0 comments: