A year and a half of Landscapes!

Over the past year and a half I've done a lot of photography. Photographing landscapes, family portraits, products, and random things for micro stock photography. Over the past few days I've been going through the photos, trying to put together a portfolio of any given subject, and have learned that I'm not satisfied with what I have. Each gallery only has about 5-10 images. Is this because I still have a lot to learn? Is it because I'm hard on my self? I don't believe it's any of these things in fact. I hear all the time to be good you need to keep evolving. Meaning the photos I've taken over the past year or so were great (to me personally) at that moment, but when I go back there really isn't much there that is new (to me). I want to take photos that you'll find something new in each and every time you look at it. If it's the first time or the millionth time. Almost always something new will pop out at you.
  Don't get me wrong, there are some really nice looking photographs that I do like.. All I'm saying is to be good you need to evolve.
  So I've put together the landscape/other images that I like into a photobucket slide show. It has a mix of flowers, buildings, straight landscapes, HDRs, and a few other things that may or may not provoke your eyes. Please enjoy!


Also I would love to see your photos!! Any photos that you have that you would like me to post onto the Tripod Diaries please send them to JurPhotographer@gmail.com. At this time I would only like to see straight images (exposed from the camera, and then only processed using levels, saturation, cropping). Include a little story about the photo, what you like/don't like, and perhaps the camera settings. We can all learn from one another here, and learning from your peers is a great way to explore photography. I'll post the best three photographs I receive each week.

Thanks again for stopping by the Tripod Diaries.

JR

0 comments: