French Polynesia Part I

Welcome Back! Sorry for such a lengthy time between posts. New job, vacation planning, and the the pay off vacation. However; I'll be back to my usual posting of 1 a week or every other week. Here is part one of Tahiti!



What can I say... The French Polynesian Islands are absolutely amazing. This was my first trip to Tahiti and I can say that it will not be my last. Beautiful waters, flowers, vegetation, waterfalls, and coral reefs are the norm. Opportunity for great photography is all over the place. I was there 10 days, shot about 1000 photos, and still haven't finished going through them. However; I'm was eager to share these photos with you guys.
 The mountains and clouds meet the sea everywhere creating great landscapes. I tend to shoot into the sun a lot because the "burst" that can be made with small apertures around f22.















Using the environment around you is something that I'm going to try and work on further. This photo of our cruise ship the Paul Gauguin showed me the power of "framing" and how it can be used for effect. Getting this photo taught me a lot.  






All in all the trip was a great time! I would like to thank my wonderful girlfriend Candy for doing soooo much work to get the most out of this vacation for us. She did tons and tons of research. Thank you. Next time I will not forget my tripod (so does this even count as a Tripod Diaries installment if I didn't use a tripod?), I will bring neutral density and gradient map filters, and I will take even more pictures.

Part two of French Polynesia coming soon. Please feel free to contact me about prints for your office, home, or restuarant!! jurphotographer@gmail.com Thanks again for stopping by the Tripod Diaries.

0 comments: